Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Which throat for 1003b horns - 288C driver combo?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member scootertrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi

    I have a pair 1003b's with with dual driver throats. I need the single driver throats to mount 288C drivers.

    I have read of a "raised step" model? also of model number 30162. What are the differences between the available throats (if any)?

    Does anyone have 2 throats for sale and/or have an interest on my dual driver throats?

    I cannot imagine using this dual throat setup except an open air performance... It has got to be so loud!!! BTW which horn setup did Robert Duval have in his helicopter during that famous attack scene in "Apocalypse Now"?... now that was an open air performance!!

    thanks all

  2. #2
    Inactive Member stpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scootertrs,
    You need the 30210. The 1/16" step is on the older brass throats. Both will work, use no gasket on the stepped one. The 30162 is for the 803-b horn.
    Yeah, I remember those horns on the Huey copter.
    Looked like they were 31c's with the 730 driver.

    stpower

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.